FDP Home Page / FDP Forum / FAQ's

The FDP is made possible by the following companies and individual members like you.
Please use the links below to show them we value their sponsorship.


WD Music

Yellowjackets Tube Converters

Amplified Parts

Antique Electronics Supply

Apex Tube Matching


Jensen Loudspeakers

* God bless America and our men and women in uniform *

* Illegitimi non carborundum! *

If you benefit and learn from the FDP and enjoy our site, please help support us and become a Contributing Member or make a Donation today! The FDP counts on YOU to help keep the site going with an annual contribution. It's quick and easy with PayPal. Please do it TODAY!

Chris Greene, Host & Founder



Find musicians
in your area!
  Search the Forums  

FDP Forum / All Other Fender Guitars and Instruments / What is this piece called on my Fender Performer bridge and how can I replace it?



Jul 7th, 2015 08:53 AM   Edit   Profile  

Missing a piece from a Fender Performer bridge & would like to replace it, but don't know what it's called. There are 6 screws on the bridge with big knurled knob things on them (front of picture). What are they called? How can I get a replacement?

Been playing Performers for years & never used these knob things!

Thank much.

Fender Performer Bridge-what's this knurled knob thang?

Contributing Member


What's this moderation you speak of?
Jul 7th, 2015 11:01 AM   Edit   Profile  

Probably fine tune knobs. I had a MIJ Contemporary Stratocaster years ago with the same knobs.

Maybe try Ebay but good luck on finding bridge parts for the 80's MIJ bridges.

(This message was last edited by Patton at 01:14 PM, Jul 7th, 2015)



Jul 7th, 2015 12:15 PM   Edit   Profile  

Thanks, Patton. eBay is where I got the bridge. I'm wondering if the fine tune knob itself is a customer Fender thing or if it's a standard part somewhere else, in which case it wouldn't be called a fine tune knob?



Why do I keep fixing things that work?
Jul 8th, 2015 09:15 PM   Edit   Profile  

Ok, that is a Kahler bridge and you can buy parts on their website.
I have an early 80's Japanese Strat with the same bridge and Kahler is still making those parts.
The parts from them are a little pricey but original they are!
Best regards, Woody

KC Fender Fan


Aug 28th, 2015 11:51 AM   Edit   Profile  

If you google search "Fender System 1 tremolo parts" you can find a couple of sites that sell them. There's one specifically I know of, but not sure if I should link to them directly since they aren't a sponsor.

Contributing Member

Suburban MD.

Are your prayer beads maple or rosewood?
Sep 14th, 2015 10:52 AM   Edit   Profile  

The Kahler standard 2700 knobs will NOT fit the System I.
These holes can sometimes strip out, make sure the bridge hole is still solid enough to keep and hold an existing screw.

Try the link below at Frets on the Net! (I have linked to this site plenty before!)

Fender parts

FDP Forum / All Other Fender Guitars and Instruments / What is this piece called on my Fender Performer bridge and how can I replace it?

Reply to this Topic
Display my email address             Lost your password?
Your Message:
Link Address (URL):
Link Title:

Moderators: Chris Greene  Iron Man  reverendrob  

FDP, LLC Privacy Policy: Your real name, username, and email
are held in confidence and not disclosed to any third parties, sold, or
used for anything other than FDP Forum registration unless you specifically authorize disclosure.

Internet Application Development

Copyright © 1999-2019 Fender Discussion Page, LLC   All Rights Reserved