FDP Home Page / FDP Forum / Classifieds / FAQ's
/ Links / Cookbook
Cookbook : Side Dishes : Homemade mac and cheese
by leibniz )
* 1/4 cup butter or margarine, divided
* 1/4 cup flour
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 2 cups milk
* 1/4 pound velveeta cheese , cut up
* 1 (8 ounce) package shredded cheddar cheese , divided
* 2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked, drained
* 2 tablespoons ritz cracker crumbs
1. Melt 3 tablespoons of the butter in large saucepan on low heat. Blend in flour and salt; cook and stir 1 minute. Gradually add milk; cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Add prepared cheese product and 1-1/2 cups of the shredded cheese; stir until melted. Stir in macaroni.
2. Pour into lightly greased 1-1/2-quart casserole. Melt remaining 1 Tablespoon butter; toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle casserole with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and bread crumb mixture.
3. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
If you make some extra ritz crumbs and save them you can sprinkle them on leftovers before microwaving! This recipe is very creamy, you can substitute some of the velveeta for cheddar if you like.
Back to Cookbook
Moderators: Black Hole Gang Chris Greene EA6B Iron Man reverendrob
are held in
confidence and not disclosed to any third parties, sold, or
anything other than FDP Forum registration unless you specifically
Copyright © 1999-2013
Fender Discussion Page, LLC All Rights Reserved