FDP Home Page / FDP Forum / Classifieds / FAQ's
/ Links / Cookbook
Cookbook : Entrees : Crockpot Tamale Casserole
by HeavyDuty )
1# Ground Beef or Ground Turkey (our preference)
1 Onion, chopped
1 16oz Can Diced Tomatoes, undrained
2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Sliced Jalapeņos to taste, or 1/2 Cup Green Salsa
12 6" Corn Tortillas
Seasoning to taste
(We use a 3 1/2 quart crockpot for this)
1. Precook onion in a small amount of water; add ground meat and brown. Add tomatoes, seasoning and peppers/salsa, heat through.
2. Spray crockpot with non-stick cooking spray; Fast-Fret will work in a pinch.
3. Cut half of the tortillas into bite-sized pieces; spread in bottom of crockpot.
4. Ladle half of the meat mixture on top of tortillas.
5. Sprinkle half of the cheese on top of the meat mixture.
6. Repeat 3, 4 and 5.
Cover and cook on low for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, cheese will be nice and bubbly when done. The tortillas get nice and soft, almost like tamale masa. A quick and dirty but tasty dinner.
Back to Cookbook
Moderators: Black Hole Gang Chris Greene EA6B Iron Man reverendrob
are held in
confidence and not disclosed to any third parties, sold, or
anything other than FDP Forum registration unless you specifically
Copyright © 1999-2013
Fender Discussion Page, LLC All Rights Reserved